- Related Articles
- Choosing Concrete Patio Materials
- Concrete Retaining Walls
- How to Maintain a Concrete Driveway
- Concrete Driveway Repair: When to DIY and When to Call a Pro
- Concrete Pavers vs. Stamped Concrete
- Concrete Porch Resurfacing
- Power Washing vs. Using Chemicals on Your Driveway
- Installing Outdoor Concrete Stairs: DIY or Not?
- Concrete Pavers
- Keystone Retaining Walls
- All Articles
Barnes Stamped Concrete, Atlanta
Stamped concrete, also called patterned or imprinted concrete, is an economical way to design your driveway, patio, pool deck and other surfaces to resemble some more expensive materials like brick, tile, flagstone, etc. Stamped concrete involves pouring a slab of concrete and then impressing both patterns and textures onto the concrete before it is fully dry. The impressing is what gives the concrete the final design touch and color so you can call it your own. It is rare that any two stamped concrete projects will ever come out the same, which makes them all the more unique and special. Simply put, stamped concrete floors can be shaped, imprinted and textured to achieve any look imaginable.
The Benefits of Stamped Concrete
- Long life span
- Easy maintenance: You will need to reseal your stamped concrete surface as necessary. The amount of moisture it comes into contact with, humidity levels and traffic will be factors in determining how often you'll need to re-seal it. Beside that, there is really no other major maintenance involved.
- No need to pull weeds: Unlike tile, a stamped concrete floor is great at stopping weeds from growing. Weeds often grow in between tiles or cracks in other flooring types. There should not be any cracks in your stamped concrete, and therefore no weeds.
- Curb appeal: A stamped concrete driveway is simply gorgeous. Driving up to a home with a stamped concrete driveway is a beautiful experience.
- Resale value: Stamped concrete projects, large or small, will increase the resale value of your home.
- Endless choices: There are truly endless design choices when it comes to stamped concrete. You can choose the design, style, texture, color, pattern and more.
- Cost: Stamped concrete floors are an economical choice. Simple stamped concrete projects start at about $6 a square foot and can cost as much as $15-$20 for very detailed, time-intensive designs.
- Stamped concrete floors can give you the look of a high-end patio, driveway, walkway, etc., without compromising on the quality or the appearance.